* Reduce inflammation
* Regulate enzyme activity
* Increase immune function
* Improve absorption of nutrients
* Relax the nervous system and muscles
* Promote a good night’s sleep
First you want to draw a hot bath (not too hot, you don’t want to burn your precious children but hot enough to sweat). Make the bath as deep as possible (use common sense safety precautions with kids), you want as much of the body in the water as possible for maximum effectiveness.
If your water isn’t filtered you need to neutralise the chemicals (like Chlorine) in your water or the detox bath will not work and your children will absorb toxic chlorine instead of eliminating toxins! You can neutralise your water 2 ways: Add 1 teaspoon vitamin C powder OR ¼ cup baking soda
1. Add your de-chlorinator of choice to the bath water and let it sit for 2-5 minutes to neutralise the chlorine.
2. Mix the epsom salts, coconut or olive oil and Lavender essential oil in a small bowl or cup. After the bath is neutralised, add the salts/oils to the bath.
3. Add bentonite clay if using. Bentonite clay binds to chemicals, including heavy metals, and removes them. To add the clay to your bath, mix it together with water first in a cup to get the clumps out (however you are not supposed to let the clay touch metal so use a wooden or plastic spoon to stir) and then add to bath.
4. Have your kids get in the bath and let them soak for 20 minutes.
5. Do not use soaps or personal care products in a detox bath. During a detox bath your children’s pores are wide open and they will absorb all the chemicals from personal care products if you use them! Skip the soap during a detox bath and just soak and relax!
6. Detox baths can be done once a week on a regular basis. During times of illness you might increase the frequency to stimulate immune function.
7. Make sure your kids stay hydrated with filtered water before and after a detox bath.
I hope you have you found this post to be helpful and Empowering.
This post is to be used as a guideline only. I do not intend to treat or cure disease, but merely offer information and personal experiences with essential oils to maximise health and wellbeing and to support you in your natural health journey.
I would love to connect with you! If you have something you would like to see more of on my site, or would like to connect with me personally, you can connect with me via Facebook here.